Frequently Asked Questions
Mount Jezreel Baptist Church
Love God. Love People.
As you learn more about the MJBC and our ministries, you may still have some questions. Below are some FAQs. Please give us a call with any additional questions.
● Where is the Mount Jezreel Baptist Church located?
420 University Blvd. E., Silver Spring, Maryland 20901
● What are the service times at Mount Jezreel Baptist Church?
We offer two worship services on Sunday at 8am and 10am in-person or online (Facebook or YouTube).
● How can I connect/join with Mount Jezreel Baptist Church?
There are four ways you can connect with us:
1.Visit either of our in-person worship services and join following the Sunday sermon, during the Invitation portion,
2.Visit the Join Us tab,
3.Contact our church office at 301-431-2800, OR
4.Send a message to us via Facebook/YouTube and our administrator will contact you within 48 hours.
● When is Baptism held at Mount Jezreel Baptist Church?
Baptisms are normally held on the first Sunday of the month. However, during the pandemic, baptisms are being scheduled. Contact the church office at 301-431-2800 for more information.
● Do I have to be a member to get married at Mount Jezreel Baptist Church?
No. However, there are costs associated with renting the Tabernacle space.
● Does Mount Jezreel Baptist Church offer pre-marital classes?
Yes. Pre-Marital classes are for members only! Please contact the church office at 301-431-2800 to speak with our Lay Pastor of Administration.
● How can I receive recordings of Sunday services and other special events at Mount Jezreel Baptist Church?
Sunday services and special events are archived on our MtJezreel YouTube and Facebook pages. If you would like CD’s or DVD’s please stop by our church bookstore.
● Does Mount Jezreel Baptist Church have a bookstore?
Yes. During the pandemic, the Mount Jezreel bookstore is open on Sundays by appointment. Please contact the church office at 301-431-2800 for more information.
● When are New Members’ Classes held?
New members classes are held on Saturday and Sundays at 9am and Tuesday at 7pm.
● What are the church’s hours of operation?
The church office is open Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
● How/When can services be obtained through the Outreach and Employment Ministry?
Outreach services are obtained by appointment only. Email the church office with your need/questions and contact information to send to email@example.com.
● Who do I contact for funeral assistance?
As you prepare for funeral services, please contact the church office at 301-431-2800 to speak with our Lay Pastor of Administration.
● How can I get my child(ren) involved in youth activities?
We welcome your child(ren) to participate in our youth activities. Send a message with pertinent information (child(ren)’s name(s), age(s), parent name and contact number) to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the church office at 301-431-2800 to provide. Your information will be given to our youth leadership team!